The term program experience is a type of
that refers to the portion of an audience that was exposed to prior episodes or prior quarter hours of a program.
Week to Week Analysis
Weekly Drama Experience Over 4 weeks
In the chart above, for example, we analyze adults 18-49 over four episodes of a weekly drama.
- 35% of the viewers on week 2 saw some portion of the program on week 1.
- 65% of the viewers on week 2 saw no portion of the program on week 1.
- 15% of the viewers on week 3 some portion of the program on both week 1 and week 2.
- 53% saw none of it on week 1 or week 2
The red title for the week 2 episode indicates a repeat.
Quarter Hour to Quarter Hour Analysis
Movie Experience During One Evening
This chart shows the program experience by quarter hour for adults 18-49 for a popular movie.
- 82% of the people who watched the second quarter hour also saw the first quarter hour.
- 18% of the people who watched the third quarter hour did not see the previous two quarter hours.
- 34% of the people who watched the last quarter hour also watched the previous seven quarter hours. In other words, 62% of the people who watched the last quarter hour missed some portion of the movie.